Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BEER NUMBER 577

While nothing special, it turns out to be Miller High Life Light. A good beer to dring while grilling burgers and dogs outside on a hot summer day. And it was cheap, being as Albertsons is closing their doors and beer was marked down 20%(and it was only about $5.00/sixpack to start with!). But it also reminded me of a beer story.
Back when I first met Phyllis,1973, her Dad always kept beer in the fridge, not sure why since he never seemed to drink any. For some reason his beer of choice was Miller High Life ('the champagne of bottled beers' as the ads said), so I drank it for quite a while(if it's free,it's for me!)
and had no problem with it. Perhaps a year later, Miller must have changed the formula, since the taste of the beer changed(for the worse), and after beer from a different case, I asked Ernie if he wouldn't mind switching to a different brand, and so for many years Budweiser was the king of beers in the House O Heathcliff (at least until many years later when my taste for better beer developed).
So now I'm going to visit Mom in Canada soon, and looking forward to trying out some new fine brew from Mooseville...

No comments: