Thursday, April 20, 2006

'I HEAR YOU KNOCKING'

Just listening to Ringo Starr's All-Starr Band on the cd player at work, and the cut of the above song done by Dave Edmunds came on. Which brings up another old memory (as time goes on, I find that things like this I should write down, because one never knows when it'll disappear from the brain vaults**).

When I first moved to England in 1970, the Dave Edmunds remake of the old 50s song was the first thing I heard on the radio in the hotel. I even remember that the radio was built into the headboard of the bed, which I don't remember seeing anywhere else in all the years since.

** My Dad, who is now 89, and has lived & travelled all over the world, now has advanced Alzheimers, and remembers almost nothing of the stories I heard from him while growing up. And now, except for the bits and pieces I remember, they're lost forever...

No comments: