Thursday, June 22, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN BROWN

Born on this date in 1964, according to the DaVinci Code 2006 one page per day calendar. So happy birthday Dan.

So, while we're on the subject, my daughter Crystal (hola!)took me to see DaVinci Code the movie for Father's Day. Thanks Crystal. The movie was quite good, certainly better than expected from all the bitching I've heard about it. Even Phyl liked it, and she didn't want to see it at all. I thought it held quite close to the book (for a movie) and was probably one of the better adaptations I've seen...usually they suck big time! The French chick was very good, Tom Hanks was ok, Ian McKellen was very good; I even forgot he was a bad guy. Alfred Molina was ok, but kept waiting for his octopus arms to show up, so that may have been a bad casting move!

And the walking on water bit at the end...well I guess it's supposed to remind you not to take the movie as gospel truth(pun intended)...

No comments: