Thursday, July 20, 2006

PUDDING

From Merriam-Webster:(1) : a boiled or baked soft food usually with a cereal base (2) : a dessert of a soft, spongy, or thick creamy consistency (3) British : DESSERT 1 b : a dish often containing suet or having a suet crust and originally boiled in a bag

So I was discussing pudding with Fred, who says that only American style creamy pudding is the only kind. Sent him the above definition, which clearly allows for more than 'Fred pudding'.

Which of course reminded me of my Mom's rice pudding, made from scratch. It was soooooo good, served warm with strawberry preserves. Man, now I wish I had some right now. She used to make a killer bread pudding also, but my best memory is the rice pudding...neither of which tasted anything like 'Fred pudding'.

Yeah, I would have to say that American boxed pudding is pretty much the
Budweiser of pudding!

Which reminds me: go to Canada and ask for American cheese...see the looks you'll get...

No comments: