Tuesday, November 27, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMI

 At least if he were still alive. Jimi would have
been 65 this year, which brings up the question -
would he still be a musical innovator if he were alive now?
Would he be in secluded retirement or playing oldies
tours? Would he have been able to get back on track
musically and keep up a long-running career a la
Eric Clapton (but with better music)?
 You know, Are You Experienced? was the first
stereo album I bought, way back when. Didn't even
have a stereo, (the original stereo albums had to
be played on the proper system or the record would
get fucked up) so I had to play it on my parents stereo,
which was best when they weren't home so I could turn it up
LOUD...
 Yeah, that was some incredible music, still enjoy
listening to it.
Thanks Jimi for making my teenage years and beyond
just that much better...

No comments: