Thursday, January 24, 2008

DRUGS,DRUGS,DRUGS...

...or lack thereof. I'm sure you've noticed how hard it is to get any good OTC cold medicine these days. Thanks to the meth addicts you can't even get 12-hour Contac anymore, which to my mind, in combination with Nyquil, was one of the best cold medicines around. Of course, to get the good Nyquil you have to trade in your firstborn child, so don't be fooled by the Nyquil on the regulat shelf, it sucks like the rest of the medicines. Yeah, it used to be nice, Contac in the AM, and a shot of Nyquil at bedtime, and my could would be pretty much gone in 2-3 days. Now it just drags on forever...and that really sucks when you line in Florida!
 Remember when Vicks Formula 44 used to have codeine in it? I do, and when I was a kid, I used to like to go down to Mom & Dad's medicine cabinet and take an occassional swig. Didn't know at the time why I liked it, just knew I did. And it really did work well if you had a cough. Of course, techincally, they shouldn't market Formula 44 anymore, since it's obviously a different formula than the one I grew up with...
 Perhaps they should call it Formula 45NTWAD (NotWorthADamn)!!
 

No comments: