Tuesday, February 26, 2008

OF TIES AND JEANS

 So I got out one of my groovy 70s ties today to wear to work. It's a running joke between me and Mike from Greensboro who always wears a tie, probably to bed too. So I gor this tie, a really gorgeous red/yellowgreen/blue orange paisley tie and wore it with this neat brown/yellow/tan shirt Phyllis bought me for my birthday. Pretty sharp, er, I mean groovy, if I do say so myself.
But that's not what this is about. It actually reminded me of the Gap store. You know, the overpriced mall store. Well, in the old days, they were known for inexpensive clothes, not overpriced ones. In fact, they were known for being `The home of the $5 jeans'. How about that!
 And even in 1974, $5 jeans was a pretty good deal. So, next time you go to the Gap, ask them:
"Hey,where's the $5 jeans!"

No comments: