Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ON TURNING 88.5

Well, if I measured my years in metric years!
So today's the day, and oddly enough I don't find this age(actually the last 4-5)near as bad as I used to think. When I was a teenager, and even in my early 20s, it seemed that getting into ones 50s was going to be a terrible thing. And of course there's that part of me that's just happy I made it into my mid-50s!. There were a few times that now that I look back at them, I might not have. But those are stories for another day. Today I just find myself happy to be me, with a great family, including those who belong by marriage, and a really terrific grandson(even at <7 months).
Yes, my friends...life is good!

(No matter how much I bitch about things, that's the privilege of being a grouchy old man!)

No comments: