Monday, April 21, 2008

GESUNDHEIT

Now here's a funny one for you. Working in the garden yesterday, trimming the blue hedge-thing alongside the house. First you trim the front, then the top. Get a lawn & leaf bag and pick up all the cut-offs. When I was doing that, along came this yellow & red snake, you know, the one that looks like the poisonous one, but usually isn't. Well, it was close enough for me, and as I grabbed it by the tail to fling it away from the bushes I let out a holler that was probably heard in the next town. Then I called for Phyllis (around the back of the house) to get me the shovel so I could kill it. A few minutes later she comes strolling around the side of the house while I'm still keeping my eye on the snake, who's just laying there (probably wondering what all the hubbub is about). So I ask Phyllis: "What took you, didn't you hear me holler?", and she says...

..."Oh, I just thought it was just a sneeze"

No comments: