Monday, May 05, 2008

A GOOD DAY FOR MUSIC

Of course, everyday is a good day for music, but yesterday was particularly good. Got the OK from 'the boss' (not Bruce Springsteen) to go to the F.R.C.A. record and CD show in Orlando. They hold it every four months, and I've been trying to go for quite a while, but somehting always came up. They used to have another show in Largo at the old outlet mall, which was nice because Phyl could shop while I browsed the show. But anyway, I finally got there yesterday, and I managed to come home with a shitload of music. Besides CDs from Keef Hartley Band, Suzi Quatro, Nektar, & Fairport Convention, the big find was bootlegs. One booth was selling nothing but, and I picked up some live boots from Grand Funk, Black Sabbath, The Outlaws, Steppenwolf, The Kinks, Savoy Brown, Heart, Aerosmith, 1974 era Fleetwood Mac, UFO, Jethro Tull, Cream, The Band, & The Who's entire Woodstock set! Man, is life good, or what!
You know, my wife is less than thrilled with my obsession with music (1500+ CDs), but she tolerates it. I find that in this current world of bad news and more bad news that it helps keep me sane & happy.

Besides, as a hobby, it's cheaper than hookers & drugs...

No comments: