Friday, October 24, 2008

PRETZEL LOGIC


Sitting here at work having my first cup of tea, and listening to Pretzel Logic by Steely Dan. Reminds me that when it first came out, I didn't buy the album, because I didn't like the single, 'Rikki Don't Lose That Number'. I remember telling Phyl that "It just doesn't sound like Steely Dan", meaning of course that it didn't sound like Can't Buy A Thrill & Countdown To Ecstasy which are still my two favorite Steely Dan albums. But I bought the album for Phyl and after listening to it enough times finally came to like it...but I'm still not a big fan of "Rikki..."

And they almost never toured back then, so never got a chance to see them. But I did find a copy of Metal Leg, the live bootleg from a couple of `70s shows they did; which is much better than the Alive In America album they put out.

So if you haven't listened to any Steely Dan at all, go out and get yourself the first two albums...

...mellow out...groovy, man...it's all psychedelic here...

No comments: