Friday, December 19, 2008

CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY


Sitting here at lunch reading and listening to the CD of this fine, fine album. I remember buying this in 1969 when I worked in Caldor Dept. Store (Store#4 - Norwalk,CT) back before Walmart ruled the world. Not sure if I'd heard any of the songs on the radio, but remembering buying the album basically because it was a double album for the price of a regular album!

Yeah, how cool was that? And Chicago continued that for one or two more albums, if I recall correctly. Really a mind blowing album at the time, rock AND horns! Pretty sure Blood, Sweat & Tears may have done it first, but they never seemed like rock, more like pop; somehow I never put them in the same league with these guys, at least for the first 5 or 6 albums. Unfortunately, after Chicago V, they seemed to get more ballad-ey, and lest rock-ey. And after Terry Kath's accidental death, just never listened anymore.

But I still have the 1st five, and listen to them every so often as a reminder of what once was...

No comments: