Tuesday, January 13, 2009

DON'T IT PISS YOU OFF?

Well, it pisses me off. Did you notice that now when people forward emails warning of viruses that now many of them say "Verified by Snopes" or some such wording? Which is all to the good if the warning was actually verified at Snopes (which I do on a regular basis before I forward email warnings). But, most of the time, when you click on the Snopes link that is conveniently placed on the page, the virus warning IS either bogus or from 3-4 years ago!! Too bad the people
actually forwarding the emails don't check Snopes for themselves and perhaps not clutter up my inbox with bullshit. I'd prefer to be warned about valid concerns, not spend my time looking up warnings to find out if they're valid.
And you're not getting free donuts, gift cards or checks from Bill Gates either, so give it a rest, alright?!

No comments: