Tuesday, July 21, 2009

RIP: GORDON WALLER

Gordon Waller of the British Invasion pop duo Peter And Gordon has died at the age of 64.Waller passed away Friday (July 17) at a hospital near his home in Connecticut after he went into cardiac arrest. His cause of death was listed as cardiovascular disease, reports the Associated Press. Peter And Gordon had a string of chart-topping hits in the 1960s, including a handful written by their friend, Paul McCartney. Their hits included 'A World Without Love' and 'I Don't Want To See You Again'.Waller was born in Scotland and met his bandmate Peter Asher at Westminster School in London. "Gordon played such a significant role in my life that losing him is hard to comprehend – let alone to tolerate," Asher said in a statement.

"He was my best friend at school almost half a century ago. He was not only my musical partner but played a key role in my conversion from only a snooty jazz fan to a true rock and roll believer as well. Without Gordon I would never have begun my career in the music business in the first place. Our professional years together in the sixties constitute a major part of my life and I have always treasured them."

I remember these guys, my favorite 45 was 'Lady Godiva', which was a humorous song about...you guessed it, Lady Godiva!

No comments: