Thursday, July 02, 2009

SEATBELTS...MAKE $$$$

So the new seatbelt law took effect June 30th; now is it not only illegal to NOT wear a seatbelt, it's a primary infraction. Now the police can pull you over or set up traffic stops just to check if you have your seatbelt on, just as if they were checking for DUIs! And if they catch you comitting this heinous (what a great word - reminds me of anus) crime, its a $99 ticket, per person in the car not wearing it, I would suppose.\
Now, I'm all for wearing seatbelts, though there was a time I didn't, but is it really a $99 crime, and aren't there better things for the police to be doing? Like...catching criminals, drunk drivers, speeders, tailgaters, etc. I mean really, if someone wants to kill themselves in a car accident, isn't that their problem?
It can only help the gene pool, the way I look at it...

No comments: