Thursday, August 06, 2009

HAIR (NOT HAIR)

Twice now I've seen the new Broadway cast of Hair Doing a song on TV. The first time they did 'Hair' & the second time they did 'Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In'. Just not buying it. While watching the numbers, all you could see were actors playing the parts of hippies.
Now, on my 16th birthday (1969), Dad took me to NYC to see Hair on Broadway, and I always remember the cast l0ooking like (almost) normal people. You actually saw people dressed like them when you went around your daya to day ordinary life, and so it seemed while watching the show that you were watching real people doing their thing.
And I wonder, do they do the nude scene at the end, or does today's moral climate rule out something like that in a Broadway show? Will this show even last?
Or will it be a case of Hair today, gone tomorrow...?

No comments: