Thursday, October 22, 2009

CODEINE

The coughers drug of choice! Once again, I seem to have come down with my annual October cough; not quite as bad this year, last year it developed into a bronchial infection. So got my prescription for cough syrup with codeine, mighty fine stuff!
You know, they used to put codeine in cough syrup when I was a kid, the original Vicks Formula 44 used to have codeine in it; I remember sneaking down to my parents bathroom every so often just to get a sip of it because it tasted good. But then they took it out and replaced it with something that was "as effective as codeine, but non-narcotic"...yeah, what a crock that is. Nothing works as well for a cough as codeine, hence the fact you can still get it by prescription.
So when you get a bad cough, make sure you see your doctor (mine's quite pretty) and insist on codeine for your cough...

No comments: