Monday, March 28, 2011

RIP: HARRY COOVER

At age 94, inventor of Super Glue. Wonder if they glued his coffin lid on?? Well, it would be appropriate, wouldn't it?
My Super Glue story goes back to 1973, before it was generally available. I was working at a place that made steam vacuums for laundries and one of the jobs I had was to cut the rubber gasket and glue it into the edge of the lid - oh yes, with this glue that they told me to be real, real careful when using. "Hey, don't let it get onto your skin", they said. Well, that was the silliest thing I heard of, so of course, next thing you know, I managed to glue the tips of two of my fingers together. Well, it really hurt when they had to slice them apart with a razor blades!!
Needless to say, I was a tad more careful after that!

No comments: