Thursday, March 31, 2011

SCARY STUFF

Well, living here in Florida, it's hard to beat the weather (if you love heat for 7-8 months of the year). But the one thing that makes me nervous is tornados, though I've never encountered one. I did once see a cloud starting to swirl as if thinking about a tornado, but it broke up and never became one. That's why I worry about tornados - they come and go as they please. Been through quite a few hurricanes over the years, but at least they take days to get here, so you have time to prepare.
So today the weather is really nasty, worst weather we've had in quite a long while, and below is a picture taken about 30 miles from here, and one apparently touched down less than 5 miles from here.
Yeah, that's about as close as I ever want to be...

No comments: