Monday, May 14, 2012

RIP: SCHNITZELHAUS

1996 - 2012: Arguably the best German restaurant in Central Florida, certainly the best in Tampa. A poor economy and a less than stellar location in a strip mall led to Mike & his wife Suzi surrendering to the inevitable.
My wife and I were fortunate to get there 3 or 4 times over the years, but living 1-1/2 hours away we were not able to go as often as we may have wished. But the authentic German cooking and the excellent German beer and the charming host & hostess made the visits there memorable. Mike once told me he would not serve me his strudel unless I had the vanilla ice cream on top (not my favorite flavor) and the strudel was well worth having the vanilla ice cream for! 
Sorry to see them go, but the memories will live on for many years to come.




No comments: