Sunday, June 02, 2013

THE PASSENGER

By Patrick A Davis:

A Learjet goes down and the only passenger is the President’s brother. Air Force Colonel Quinn is put in charge of the investigation, but is sabotaged at every turn. Cross and double-cross ensue until the very end.
 A decent read; but I have a bone to pick with the illustrator of the inside cover flap. Artistic license notwithstanding, the plane illustrated is larger than the plane described in the book - and not even damaged in the same manner. (I guess I should have scanned the illustration in question, you’ll have to take my word for it, unless you find a copy of the same paperback edition I had.) Anyway, I always find it amazing when an illustrator can’t take the time to at least skim enough a book to create a cover that at least gets some of the details right!

No comments: