Wednesday, August 21, 2013

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT - CHEAPOS SUPREME

We were watching AGT last night, as we have since the show began however many years ago, and I find that the level of talent seems to get lower every year. But that’s not what this is about. I read in the TV Guide that Howard Stern makes $15 million a season for judging the show. Plus the show pays the other 3 judges some amount that must be in that general area of cash.
But, did you know that the “million $ prize” that the contestants are hoping to win is paid out in 40…yes FORTY payments of $25,000 year! Really? I’m sure that Howard, Howie, Mel B, & Heidi don’t collect their paychecks over the course of 40 years. And every once in a while someone actually asks a contestant, “What would you do if you won the million dollars?” to which the answer could rightfully be…”I’ll be dying of old age while waiting to see the last of my checks.” And just how much is $25,000 going to be worth in 10, 20 ,30 years? Instead of your last check, will they just give you a voucher for a Starbuck’s coffee? Or I guess a bottle of Snapple?
It seems to me, they could ask each judge to take $250,000 less of their untold millions and actually pay the winner at the end of the last show, it only seems fair.
Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest, it’s bothered me for years; but until I actually found out how much Howard Stern makes it didn’t really piss me off…so, this is me pissed!

No comments: