Wednesday, July 09, 2014

APOCALYPSE...NOW?

 
"Apocalypse Now: What does the threat bring out in you? 

Someone asked, "Do you really believe we're headed for an apocalypse?"

Dude! The apocalypse is already here!
Sci-fi writer William Gibson said the future arrives at different speeds. Same is true of the end that could throw us backward a hundred years.

I look around and I see the power of antibiotics fading as the bugs come back stronger. There's an excellent chance we won't be able to have the surgeries we have now because our antibiotics will no longer work. Do you want to go back to pre-1928 medicine? Of course, not. Nobody wants to die of a sore throat, a bladder infection or appendicitis. But that is our present course. 

I see fracking causing earthquakes and flammable water in kitchen sinks.

I see perma-war.

Most disturbing, I see an unwillingness to change, anti-science and anti-intellectualism. 

Worst? I see a lack of compassion.
Citizens are in big trouble on Spaceship Earth and a lot of people, speaking from fear and ignorance, seem determined to be dicks about it." by Robert Chazz  Chute

Found the above on a blog post from a writer of zombie apocalypse books & suspense fiction. Struck me as very true, and perhaps scarier than all the horror fiction & movies I've read or watched over the last 50 years.


No comments: