Monday, March 02, 2015

BEER #1251

 Two Henrys Blueberry Vanilla Wheat; brewed just down the road in Plant city as an adjunct to a winery known for their blueberry wine. So when the owner’s son decided to join the micro-brew trend, what could be more obvious than a blueberry beer?
 And I’ve had a few blueberry beers (Sea Dog comes to mind, and Wild Blue (which is apparently an A-B product). But the other night at O’Toole’s Irish Pub in Brandon FL, I
found this beer as a write-in on it’s (not shabby) draft beer list. It was so good, I ended up drinking three! Let me tell you, it went really well with the Steak & Mushroom Pie.
 It has a nice blueberry favor, but not overwhelming as to cover up the beer taste, and an undercurrent of the vanilla, which made it real interesting. Here’s hoping Two Henrys bottles this one, and sends it over to Lakeland Beer Revolution, my favorite beer store (and it’s 6 taps of ever changing microbrews).

No comments: