Thursday, August 17, 2006

DR SPOCK (NOT THE ONE WITH THE EARS)

I was reading a book last nite about bestselling books. No, I don't know if it was a bestseller or not, but it's an interesting read. So one of the books mentioned was Dr Spock's Baby and Child Care first published in 1946, which has sold 23 million copies as of 2001. The reason I bring this up is that it reminds me of a story...
Long, long ago...

When Crystal was a baby and traveled everywhere in a stroller, Phyl and I went into the Woolworth's in the mall where we used to shop. It was a nice Woolworth's and was actually 2 stories with escalators. So, as usual when shopping in a department store, Phyl would do her thing, and I would do mine; which usually consisted of browsing the book department. This time in particular I had custody of the stroller with Crystal in it. Well, when Phyllis was done, she came by the book area and we walked out of the store. A little bit down the mall we stopped for some reason and for some reason we looked at Crystal and she had a paperback book in her hands.

Turned out to be the Dr Spock book and she was apparently drawn to it by the baby picture on the cover! So we kept the book(everybody shoud have a copy) and still have it as a memento of our shoplifting daughter.

No comments: