Wednesday, May 23, 2007

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE

Sitting here this A.M. listening to Bless It's Pointed Little Head on the cd player.
Back when I was 15, I actually saw one of the shows that was recorded for
this album. The Nov.30,1968 show, to be exact. Went with a group from
the Wilton Congregational Church!! How's that for wild? The youth minister
was a real neat guy, did lot's of neat things to get us kids interested in
church. Anyway, we went to NYC for the day, also saw Yellow Submarine earlier
in the day.Then we went to the Fillmore, the show didn't start 'til late (11ish I think). We even got to meet Jack Casady before the show, autographed my ticket stub (and the program is worth almost $400,where oh where is it?) but I don't know where it went. They also had an African dance troupe & Buddy Guy as opening acts, so as you can imagine, we didn't get home until early...
...early the next morning, about 5AM I recall. So I got grounded for
that, but it was worth it, the 1st concert I ever went to, what an experience!

No comments: