Tuesday, January 29, 2008

VOTING

Well, it's voting day today if you're a registered party member, and not an independent.
Of course, if you're an independent, you're still paying for it, but that's not what this is about.
What I don't understand is why here in Florida most of the polling places are churches. Seems
rather odd in a country that is (used to be) about the separation of church and state. Now, when
I lived up North (damn Yankees [wasn't that a musical?]) we used to do the voting in the schools, which had the added benefit of us kids getting out of school for the day. And it makes more sense - why vote for liars, cheaters, sex perverts, crooks, and God only knows what else, in a place that is supposed to be holy?

And I'm always tempted to say "For Christ's sake, just give me my ballot"

No comments: