Thursday, August 20, 2009

TILAPIA (GESUNDHEIT)

So last night at Publix I decided to try some fish from the nice lady who cooks on Wednesday nights at our Publix and gives out samples. It was tilapia in lemon sauce of some sort, and turns out it was really tasty. Now, I don't eat fish, not since about 1960 when I walked into the kitchen at our house in the Phillippines, right after the cook had brought home a lapu-lapu and left it sitting on the counter; big, green and ugly...and right about eye level for a 7 year old! Needless to say, after walking in on that, I gagged on dinner that night and haven't eaten fish (tuna doesn't count) ever since. But last night I was feeling adventurous so I had a piece and really enjoyed it. So after years of my Mom telling me I should eat more fish, maybe I'll end up ordering some at a restaurant sometime, because Phyl sure won't make fish - she doesn't like it either. Anyway, it looked pretty much like the pic below, much nicer than the lapu-lapu ever did...

No comments: