Sunday, August 16, 2009

WOODSTOCK

Well, by the time I got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong...but I didn't. Unfortunately, at age 16, my Mom & Dad weren't going to allow me to go, event though Charlie from Caldor had a plan all worked out by which to get there. Of course, he didn't make it either. (Strangely enough, 4 years later, after moving to England, coming back to CT to college, and then dropping out - I worked for Charlie's dad at a Manpower job installing a tennis court - small world!) And now it turns out that Max Yasgur's("I'm a farmer"(loud cheering)) brother lives in Polk City, the next town north of here. And he didn't even go to Woodstock, neither did Max's sons.
But a generation defining event nonetheless, no matter how we (and the world, for which we held so much hope) turned out 40 years down the road...
...I'm still proud to be one of the 'Woodstock Generation.'

No comments: